POSITION TITLE: Youth Pastor / Director
Campbell River Baptist Church is seeking a Youth Pastor or Youth Director to lead our rapidly growing youth ministry in Campbell River, BC. We are currently blessed with over 100 youth in Jr. and Sr. Youth Ministry and a large team of youth leaders. We are looking for the right individual to partner with parents and our staff to lead, administrate, and equip our youth and young leaders to take their next steps with Jesus, transforming their lives, and our community. If you believe God is calling you to take this next step, please review the job description thoroughly and email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] outlining why you would be the right fit for the job.
The Youth Pastor/Director is a full-time staff member who is responsible for providing leadership, mentorship, discipleship, shepherding, and creativity for our youth ministry (Grades 6 – 12) at Campbell River Baptist Church. This position involves overseeing both our Jr. High and Sr. High ministries, including the ability to engage and motivate others, work with youth and leaders, and ultimately help lead youth to become authentic followers of Jesus.
The Youth Pastor/Director is supervised by the Associate Pastor for all duties related to youth ministry. Ultimately, the entire staff team is accountable to the Lead Pastor.
- Implement the vision and values of CRBC in our youth ministry.
- Develop and implement strategies to reach and disciple youth Jr. High and Sr. High students and their families in our community and share the Gospel with them.
- Provide leadership in discipling and mentoring youth through various means.
- Develop and implement strategies to integrate youth and their families into the life, work, and worship of our church.
- Train and equip youth and youth leaders to effectively minister to and disciple others.
B. Expectation of Duties:
I. Spiritual Leadership:
- Prepare and facilitate effective youth ministry events that build community and allow faith to be shared in a safe environment.
- Encourage youth to grow in their faith through activities and by building relationships.
- Develop and implement strategies to integrate newcomers into our youth ministry and into worship and life of the congregation; Encourage youth to actively participate in the ministries of the church.
- Lead short-term missions experiences for youth, both local and global.
- Effectively pre-plan and advertise all events (Social Media, emails, websites, etc.)
- Effectively implement ways of assimilating new youth (Connecting with youth).
- With other leaders, implement the vision of “Equipping people to take the next step with Jesus, transforming our lives and our community!”
- Work with other CRBC ministries and local Christian camps (Homewood, Qwanoes, etc.)
III. Recruitment and Training:
- Recruit, train and equip necessary leaders.
- Utilize each leader so that they can best enhance the effectiveness of the ministry.
- Train and equip youth leaders who are willing to develop and use their gifts in youth ministry.
The Youth Pastor will participate in administrative and planning efforts, including goals to be accomplished annually and conduct other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- A servant’s heart and qualifications for character and ministry listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Able to develop significant relationships with youth and leaders
- Love for youth and their families, as well as compassion for the lost
- Able to empower and delegate to others
- Appropriate formal training in youth ministry, as well as relevant life and ministry experience
- Has a passion for evangelizing, discipling, and equipping others
- Ability to work with leaders; demonstrating good relational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to resolve conflict
- A team player
- Supports CRBC’s vision of "Equipping people to take the next step with Jesus, transforming our lives and our community!”
- Strong administrating and communication skills
- Desire to and ability to train, equip, and empower leaders
- Must be able to work within budget guidelines for our Youth Ministry
- In agreement with the CRBC Statement of Faith
Annual salary of $40,000 - $60,000