We are really excited about how well our new church app has turned out. We have been working hard on it and have had really good feedback from several different age demographics.
If you are part of Campbell River Baptist Church, you will want to download the NEW Campbell River Baptist Church app. Here are ten great reasons why:
- We were looking for ways to engage the young adults and this is working really well. It is not just for young adults, it is for everyone!! It’s really exciting to watch the app download numbers going up; we are currently at 137 and the app has only been up a little over a month. Yeah!!!!
- Our desire in creating the CRBC mobile app is to make information easily accessible for everyone including those whose main source of connection is through mobiles. In 2015 there were more smart phones purchased than there were babies born. I think it would be safe to say that mobiles are here to stay!! If the church wants to be effective in reaching our world for Jesus in the 21st century, we cannot continue to ignore one of the most powerful tools available to us: mobile.
- The major brands of our day have recognized the potential of mobile apps and the market is flooded with apps for almost everything you can think of. Thankfully the trend is to have one app with many functions that is easy to use, fast, secure, and looks good. These are the features that have led us to the Campbell River Baptist Church app. If you haven’t yet downloaded the free app, go to the App Store for iphones and ipads, and to the Play Store for androids and tablets. Here are some of the features of our new church app.
- All ministries of our church are important, so I’ll start with the calendar function, which is synchronized with our google calendar. Synchronization is important because it means that we only have to enter calendar information once and it appears on all our platforms saving us time and consistently providing you with current information.
- If you are like me, you want to keep up with information about the activities you are involved in and maybe not sort through all the other ministry information. Facebook pages for most of our ministries are all together on the app, so you don’t need to go searching to find the right page for the information you are looking for. The website is available too, so if you are not able to find what you are looking for on the app, you can check out the website.
- Our Growth Group study questions are available saving on the cost of printing and providing easy access for you to follow along in your group. We have two Bible options: one is a study Bible to read the passage in Greek or Hebrew, do a word study or compare with other passages that have a similar messages; the Bible Gateway option is easier to use, so you can read the passages in multiple versions to gain a better understanding of the message. You can choose which is better for you; they are both available.
- Our audio, video, and blog libraries are easily accessible on your mobile to be used wherever and whenever you have time. You can listen to Sunday’s message on your way to work and read a blog or watch a video while you are waiting for an appointment. You are in control of how you want to invest your free time.
- Prayer requests and praise items can be sent to the church too eliminating the need to remember when you get home and are busy doing other things.
- We are enjoying looking through the pictures taken in the Campbell River area to change the app background each week. If you would like to show off one of your shots, please submit it to [email protected] Photos will need to be available in both portrait and landscape format to fit a phone and tablet screen.
If you have an idea that would improve our app, please let us know, [email protected] We are on an exciting adventure together as we customize the app to be the on-line hub of our church ministries. All for one and one for all!!!!