woman2woman - In relationships with God and each other
2016-17 is the third year of ministry for woman2woman, CRBC's new ministry to women. One thing we learned in our first year of ministry is that the needs of women in 2016 is much different than it was five or ten years ago. We live in an age where information of any kind is available at the click of a finger. Women live busy lives and often do not have the time or the energy to attend events for themselves. Most women work outside the home with the exception of moms with young children. Women want to keep in shape physically, but often do not have the energy to juggle one more ball on top of everything else they have to do. Many things in our world of today are different, but some things haven't changed. Women still crave relationships with other women, they still want to have a relationship with God, and they still want to make an impact in their world for Jesus. We are building our ministry to women around these factors.
The best way of supporting and encouraging each other as women has been in the past and still is today, is through relationships. Each one of us have friends that have influenced our lives and we have influenced theirs. Woman2woman is about using those friendship between woman to help us become the women God created us to be. Proverbs 27:17 says that friends sharpen each other; they help us become more effective in loving our families, friends, and the world around us.
- Mark 12:30-31 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. ’ The second is equally important:‘Love your neighbor as yourself. ’ No other commandment is greater than these.
- John 13:34-35 So now I am giving you a new commandment:Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.
This is what we will be offering women this year:
- Organized prayer support for all our ministries and for individual woman as requested.
- Mom's Discussion Group - Wednesdays 6-8 pm, Rm 206 during Power House for kids K-gr 6
- Bridal and Baby Showers - we will continue to celebrate with women for first time weddings and the birth of their first child.
- Mentoring - for women that desire to have an older woman or christian to walk beside them for a ways
- Opportunities for women to reach out to women in our community
Any comments or questions, contact June Spelay at firstname.lastname@example.org